Ranjit Dhillon offers over 20 years’ experience as a successful Head of Digital.
An award winning and highly experienced Head of Digital & Director of Digital Marketing and Sales, with a proven track record of driving a digital business through effective and cost-efficient traffic generation,
and multi-channel acquisition strategies. With expert knowledge and experience of digital design, UX, search engine, SMS, email, SEO, PPC, affiliate, aggregator, digital display, social media, lead generation, mobile and digital marketing tools, standards and techniques, and a proven ability to develop and implement above and below the line marketing and segmentation models to focus campaign activity, and target multiple international, multi-lingual markets.An entrepreneurial, results-oriented and dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal skills, and the proven ability to engage effectively with key internal and external stakeholders at every level within an organisation and consistently achieve planned performance outcomes, including substantial & profitable revenue generation.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Online/Digital Marketing . Multi-disciplined digital product and ecommerce marketing specialist, with an exceptional track record of devising marketing strategy with expert knowledge and experience of the full range of digital marketing tools, standards and techniques. Solid experience of developing e-business solutions, marketing initiatives, sales tools and profitability initiatives.
Award Winning. The winner of numerous awards including two EPPY awards for the Financial Times website (FT.com), the AOP Online Publisher Award at Which? Online (Which.co.uk) and nominated for the Digital Campaign & Revolution Digital Awards for the BT Home Hub website (BT.com). Won digital awards for “Most Popular Website of the Year” in 2015 and 2016 at Lycamobile.
Commercial Acumen. A strong business and commercial awareness with a focus on revenue generation and profitable business growth. Significant experience of business development having increased Lycamobile’s digital revenues by millions of pounds & 145%
Strategic Management. Proven ability to provide strategic input into business planning and the development and execution of digital strategic marketing plans across multiple channels that deliver significant traffic growth and maximise profitable revenue.
Multi-sector experience. Extensive work experience with blue chip employers in a range of business sectors including finance, travel, telecommunications, publishing, new media and commercial market sectors. Experience of working successfully with both B2B and B2C sites in the UK, US and globally. Solid experience of creating multi-lingual, multi-sector sites across 23 countries.
Multi-channel Expertise in managing multi-million £/$ campaigns across above and below the line marketing channels, including SEO, PPC, online display, email/e-CRM, social media, SMS, digital advertising, radio, TV, DRTV, outdoor, aggregator, affiliate and social media. Significant experience of generating a social media brand and expanding awareness to customers worldwide.
Communication Skills. Outstanding interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills and the professional gravitas and credibility to engage with key stakeholders at every level within a business, and to act as an effective ambassador when dealing with external partners and clients. Excellent ability to engage and constructively influence decision makers at Director and Board level.
SELECTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
- Led Lycamobile’s and Lyca Group’s global digital transformation strategy across desktop, mobile and app platforms. Hired, developed and mentored a team of 16 digital marketing experts to support a multimillion pound marketing budget. Substantially increased digital sales to enable Lycamobile & Lyca Group to achieve £1.6 billion turnover.
- Developed and led Vonage’s digital marketing strategy across desktop and mobile platforms. Increased unique year-on-year visitors to the Vonage UK site in 2012 improving online CR’s by 15%. Substantially improved Vonage’s marketing Return on Investment (ROI) significantly reducing CPA and SLAC across all online marketing channels during 2012.
- As Group Online Marketing Manager at Citybond plc (Flexicover.co.uk), managed the development and launch of the company’s digital strategy for addressing the B2C market. Improved unique travel insurance policy sales from 55,000 to 196,000 per annum (by 256 per cent), and increased GWP from £4.1million to £7.4 million in 2011.
- As Head of Online Design & UX at the Financial Times Business Portal (FT.com) I successfully created and developed the FT.com site, to generate revenues of £35 million per annum. Created opportunities for advertising which generated revenues of £14 million per annum, and received two EPPY Awards for the ft.com site, the first non-US business to win the awards.
Hexpress is a leading private online Doctor & Pharmacy provider operating across 8 countries globally.
- Contracted to help set Hexpress’s future global Ecommerce, digital and customer engagement strategy
- Helped drive improved CMS, UX, Sales and KPI reporting functionality
- Hired and set up a global operations marketing and UX team with core leads including PPC, SEO, Affiliate, Email/SMS’s, Social Media, Content, Insight & Data and a Head of Online Acquisition & Retention
- Recruited agencies to deliver strategy, I also helped set-up an internal business growth & product development team
- Successfully improved website UX which led to a 3% customer CR improvement online within 3 months
Lycamobile is a leading solution for those who want to connect and call back home. Lycamobile offers low-cost high-quality international calls to over 15 million customers across 23 countries today.
- Managed 16 digital experts to support Lycamobile and Lyca Group global digital operations – Up 12 specialists
- Increased Lycamobile’s digital revenues by millions of pounds & 147%.
- Won Most Popular Website of the Year 2015 & 2016 awards in UK & France – Improved trust in brand & CR’s online
- Increased online visitors from 0.5 to 3.5m – Up 133%
- Implemented SEO strategies that uplifted SERPs on page 1 from 450 to 3k+ keywords – Up 566%
- Successfully delivered new country launches, UX and e-commerce functionalities online from 15 to 23 – Up 53%
- Improved Lycamobile Groups digital footprint globally implementing a responsive technical plan – up 23 countries
- Launched all Social Media channels and implemented brand amplification strategies on Facebook to improve ‘likes’ from 11k to 138k – Up 1,154%
- Launched digital global affiliate program, delivering 1 to 3 tier partnership opportunities from 0 to 2,864 – Up 2.8k
- Increased affiliate global partner impressions, raising digital brand awareness from 0 to 111,664,743 – Up 111k%
Leading provider of low-cost communications services, connecting individuals through broadband devices worldwide
- Developed and led Vonage’s UK online, digital and mobile strategy, managing all marketing budgets
- Responsible for all Mobile, Email, SEO, PPC, Affiliate, online display and social media marketing channels
- Responsible for radio, TV, DR TV, outdoor, press and brand-awareness marketing channels
- Managed all marketing programs for new, existing, and emerging, desktop and mobile platforms
- Responsible for driving sales, acquisition, retention and customer loyalty
- Responsible for delivering targeted online propositions and marketing campaigns for the UK and the US
- Delivered online direction across consumer, business and international markets
- Directed site designs, UX and improved functionality tools for all key Vonage UK websites
- Finalist, ITSPA Awards 2012 and Best Consumer VoIP Award 2012
- Increased YOY visitors to the Vonage website by 15 per cent in November 2012
- Significantly improved Vonage’s sales performance, marketing ROI and online CRs
- Cited by the Vonage Board as a key contributor to the step change in digital strategy and the shift to B2C & SME markets in the UK and the US and successfully targeting untapped markets and audience opportunities.
Travel insurance specialists, providing agents with innovative sales solutions both online and in-house
- Awarded Citybond’s prestigious employee ‘Outstanding Contribution to Business Award’
- Improved unique customer policy sales by (256 per cent) from 55k to 196k p.a. in November 2011
- Dramatically improved passenger acquisition by (260 per cent) from 1m to 3.6m in 2011
- Increased GWP by (80 per cent) from £4.1m to £7.4m in 2011
- Significantly increased bottom-line commission by (66 per cent) from £1.8m to £3.0m in 2011
- Improved website conversion rate from 0.3 to 15 per cent within 3 months
- Developed affiliate partnership channel which led to increased acquisition levels by 500% within 5 months
One of the world’s leading communications companies operating in the UK and in more than 170 countries worldwide
- Developed BT’s Consumer Voice channel’s automated online ordering system
- Launched BT’s Home Hub micro site, improving customer acquisitions to BT Broadband by 7 per cent
- Developed and launched BT Vision, BT’s premier set-top-box service in 2007
- Launched call packages and price offer website delivering over one million hits in the first week
- Improved landline customer conversion rates to over 4 per cent within the first two week of launch
- Launched BT Fusion, BT’s first online converged mobile solution in the UK in August 2005
- Played a key role in increasing BT Broadband sales to 35,000 per month in 2007
- Developed BT’s Consumer Voice channel’s automated online ordering system
- Launched and developed the BT Vision Service. I was nominated at the Digital Campaign & Revolution Online Awards for the BT Home Hub site
The largest consumer body in the UK, with over 254,000 online subscribers
- Won AOP Online Publisher 2004 (consumer) Award
- Increased Which? Online subscription figures from 80,000 to 160,000 unique customers, in January 2005
- Implemented usability and accessibility standards, increasing monthly click-through rates by 500,000
- Prepared a strategic online plan for merging 35 sites into a single-entity portal
- As Senior Online Creative Marketing Manager at Which? Online
September 2002 – December 2003 Senior Online UX Consultant RSE Consulting
- Appointed to deliver a strategic e-government usability solution for UK local authorities
- Responsible for development of an online integrated evaluation and guidance solution
- Ensured client web site evaluations and implemented changes for improved usability
April 1995 – September 2002 Head of Online Design FT.COM – Financial Times Business Portal
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations:
Awarded two EPPY Awards for Financial Times website (ft.com), the first non-US business in 2001
- Successfully developed and built the site from start-up to service revenues of £35m per annum
- Implemented new media design in-house, creating three teams in separate locations
- Managed 17 designers and saved the company £3.5million in outsourcing fees per annum
- Created revenue-generating advertising that brought in £14million at the end of 2001
- Oversaw a full re-architecture of the Financial Times Business Portal in October 2001
- Senior Graphic information designer – Financial Times Newspaper (Oct 1993 to Apr 1995)
- Graphic Information Designer – Daily Telegraph & Other Major Newspapers
- Marker & Layout Artist – Shaw & Underwood Advertising
- In-between Animator – Universal Pictures
- Digital Paint-box Designer – 21st Century Graphics
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
Sep 1988 – July 1992 BA (Hons) Graphic Information Design Falmouth University, Cornwall, UK
A four-year degree, which included a nine-month work placement at Steven Spielberg’s Amblimation
References: Available on request